Cookies usage regulations
1. Definition of cookie files and other similar technologies
- Cookie files – information saved by the servers of DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. or servers of partner companies to the user’s terminal equipment, and readable by servers at each connection from this terminal equipment. Cookie files (“cookies”) are information data, in particular text files, stored in the User’s terminal equipment. Cookie files are encrypted to prevent access from unauthorized individuals. Cookie files usually contain the domain name of their original website, storage time in the terminal equipment, and a unique identifying number.
- Within these regulations, information related to cookie files also apply to other similar technologies used by Internet sites and mobile applications of DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o.
2. Entities that store cookies in connection with usage of DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. websites.
- Entities that store information as cookie files and access said files in the user’s terminal equipment while DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. websites are used:
- DATEV.pl Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [limited liability company] with its registered office in Warsaw at Aleje Jerozolimskie 181B, postal code: 02-222 Warsaw, entered into the National Court Register by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw under KRS [National Court Register] number 0000187436, with a tax identification number [NIP]: 5272424024.
- Partner companies that are co-creators of DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. websites are in particular companies such as Google or Facebook.
3. Purposes of creating cookie files in connection with usage of DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. websites
- DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. or its partner companies store cookie files on the user’s terminal equipment, while DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. are used, for the following purposes:
- customizing the content of DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. websites to match user’s preference; optimisation of the experience; in particular, cookie files allow for identification of the website user’s device and display customized content accordingly,
- creating statistics that provide insight into users’ interactions with DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. websites, which allows for improving their structure and content,
- maintaining the website user’s session,
- providing the user with advertising content better customized to their interests,
- creating audience statistics of DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. websites,
- storing and analysing statistics such as Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
- Cookie files stored by DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. or its partner companies in the user’s terminal equipment are not used to identify the user or as a basis to establish user’s identity.
- DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. websites use remarketing codes of external entities. The codes are used to extract data in cookie files and transfer it to third parties, for said third parties to display customized advertisement to the users according to their preferences. The data transferred may contain geolocation data (based on the IP address). Interacting with the DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. website, the user consents to transfer data in the manner indicated above.
- At any time, the User may opt out of the cookie information collection by external entities using marketing codes, therefore, opt out of viewing customized advertisement according to their preferences, in the way indicated in § 4 par. 1.
4. Cookie files management
- At any time, the user may remove the cookie files stored in their terminal equipment using the options of their web browser.
- Initial (default) settings of available web browsers allow for creating cookie files on the user’s device. Each user may however object to storing cookie files in their terminal equipment. As a rule, in order to change these settings, cookie system should be disabled in a given web browser, on computers as well as mobile phones, tablets, and other devices. These settings may be changed in particular in a way to block automatic cookie acceptance in web browser settings or inform the user each time cookie files are being stored in their terminal equipment. Detailed information about the options and methods to process cookie files are available in the software (web browser) settings.
- Deleting cookies or disabling the cookie storage option in the user’s terminal equipment may lead to material loss of functionality of DATEV.pl Sp. z o.o. websites.